Friday, January 11, 2008

REAL ID, for Homeland Security

I "prophesied" over 10 years ago that our devotion to the beastly government mentioned in the Revelation would not be introduced as the ultimate choice between life and martyrdom, but rather be offered and received for safety and convenience. So, it's come as no surprise that our very own government is going to use our driver's license to enact the beginning of the this New World Order right here at home. 9/11 certainly changed our lives, but we use the term terrorist like some elusive nemesis that is beyond our grasp of understanding. Another oppressive fear came upon us as a result of 9/11 and that is the Department of Homeland Security. Our government now has one more cabinet post as a result of this decision, and this particular department has orchestrated a great deal of captivity in the name of safety, and all for we the people, not the terrorists. I have actually enquired on occasion when I am put through some ridiculous invasion of privacy in a bank, "Have you caught one terrorist with this practice?" Of course, the answer is always, "We just have to do this, it's policy." I also asked that at the feed store when they need to know my address and phone number to buy a bag of oats, "because of the Patriot Act." They just chuckle and say "Not around here," or something equally reassuring and enlightening.
But this morning when I heard of the latest of Michael Chertoff's plans, an interesting thought came through my mind.
I can honestly say that I have disagreed with nearly everything that the late Jerry Falwell espoused and proclaimed, but something he said came to mind this morning through the 6 am News. I believe it was in 1991 that Dr. Falwell said he believed the anti-Christ would be a Jewish man. The late Dr. said many boisterously outrageous things, that were easily argued, but since the inception of the Department of Homeland Security and the appointment of the current Secretary, I just can't help but wonder if the late Dr. got something right . . .
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them . . . New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive