Monday, January 28, 2008

It's About The Money

There are two things in the news that are bugging the daylights out of me, and so I shall address them, so I can simply move on and know I've vented. I'm not expecting specific results, and certainly no straight answers from our leaders, but I'm going to voice my questions and concerns.
First, I heard and have already commented on the fact that Matt Blunt will not be running for re-election of Governor of Missouri. I wish him well, but I don't understand and I would like to know when it is said he had several million dollars available in his campaign fund and ads already been running, what happens to those several million dollars? I don't really know who to ask, I'm sure there is some sort of plan in place for these types of events, but . . . I was speaking with a staunch Republican last night and she thought it would probably just go to the party. If I had donated to a particular candidate's campaign, I wouldn't just want "it" to go to the party. There are already ways to contribute directly to the party, if that's what a person chooses to do. I think the constituents deserve to know what happens. I didn't vote for him and I didn't contribute, but I am curious. I like to stay abreast of the political workings of our government.
The next issue is this economic stimulus package. I read that Senate is wanting to hold things up because a rebate won't give money to the Seniors. That's right, Senate, a rebate means you have to pay before you receive. Our government has already made it very clear that those that don't earn enough, that's right, they work and taxes are withheld, but they come in under the line of owing taxes, will only be receiving a token. And those that do not earn, do not receive the rebate. Seniors already have more accommodations than the rest of us can afford. Can't we just give them a free prescription or something? Why in the world should the millions of people that are already receiving something for nothing, receive even more? Although, this "hold up" in Senate does prove once and for all, those on Social Security that have always spouted "they paid into it" are now saying, "they just deserve to have it" and openly admitting, they simply expect something for nothing.
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth? Ecclesiastes of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive