Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008

I have little idea what this year will bring, but I've been thinking about a few things I would like to see happen. I hope some of them are still legal in this country.
I'd like to see no more wars started, and I would love to know a way to end the war we shouldn't have started in Iraq.
I would like to see the law regarding incandescent light bulbs be repealed before 2012. With the price of lamp oil and the health hazard of mercury, I'm going to miss the simple invention by Thomas Alva Edison!
I'd like to have just a bit of my privacy returned before I simply give up my phone and driver's license. I really don't like the idea that our government thinks they've fooled us on the National ID card, and I am so sick of hearing "this call is recorded or may be monitored." It's so simple and so irritating. If I take all my paperwork in and pay my $20.00, I'm choosing to receive this stupid National ID card. If I follow the prompts until I hear the recording of being recorded, and I stay on the phone, I'm choosing to put up with the garbage and that just makes me mad. So, ultimately I've chosen to give up my privacy for privilege and convenience . . . here in the land of the free and the home of the brave . . .
I would like to think our government thinks we are a people of some intelligence. But, on the other hand, our officials are elected by the people, so perhaps the assessment of the intelligence of the majority is accurate.
I think sports figures and entertainers should either live closer to the reality of the rest of us, or quit taking it upon themselves to set the standard for the rest of us!
I think disability income should be monitored. Wouldn't it be great if you could call some sort of hotline, and report a violation of disability, like a social MOOCH Alert, and get a reward? You know, like capturing on video of someone that is cutting timber or whatever, while they collect for a bad back. Then we could have all the moochers on disability trying to catch each other for the reward. What a checks and balance system. And the people that really need it, no problem, they wouldn't be out taking advantage of the system!
I think Social Security income should be an actual mathematical equation that balances. I believe everyone that believes "they paid it in" should collect exactly what they paid in!
I would love to see a bright and strong political party rise up in America. I think it should be one that doesn't belong to big corporations, lobbyists, or charities.
I would love to see a party of the people. What a concept?
I, personally, would love to see the Second Coming take place, before we humans make any more mess, but I'm thinking 2008 will bring more than we can even imagine. And I'm really thinking a lot of the mess will be below the groundwork, as in one more layer of foundation for the bigger plan, from George H.W. Bush's New World Order to Al Gore's Global Warming.
I guess what I would really like to see in 2008 is enough individuals with the courage to stand up and say, "Enough! No More!"
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! a Prophet of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive