Friday, January 04, 2008

Congratulations, Huckabee!

I'm going through some sort of bizarre transformation here, in my life. Although, I still don't picture myself ever voting republican, I did find a great deal of joy in the fact that Huckabee won the Iowa caucus. I truly think Huckabee is more of an independent than a strongly backed member of the GOP, but that hasn't inspired me to declare myself a republican in the primaries, and it probably won't. If he ever went independent, he just might find himself with more backing than his own party has provided thus far. Dr. Bill was asking for Huckabee supporters to call in this morning and I thought, why should they . . . There is no reason in the world for people to set themselves up to be overtalked and cut off about something they feel strongly about. I, personally, make it a hard and fast rule to have only a one liner ready when I call into the talk radio shows. Then, if the host chooses to spend his time dissecting my statement, that's his prerogative, but I still made my simple statement without interruption. Now, back to Huckabee and the next round. I think Romney is chosen to come in second for many times in the running. Just look at how much private money has been dumped into the sluggish economy, specifically the "abhorrent liberal media" with Romney's campaign. He doesn't really have the GOP backing, either, but they do like his money. I think he'll fair well in Michigan, and he's certainly got the funding to go the distance. I'm guessing New Hampshire may go to McCain, since that's what the pundits are promoting, and South Carolina maybe to Fred, unless he and the GOP tire of this exhaustive 'pace.' I look for Rudy to take a big state or two, then drop out like in his 2000 Senatorial race. ABC has already eliminated more candidates than have announced their decision to drop out of the race, so that will probably have things streamlined by the New Hampshire primary.
I don't think Obama or Clinton can unite our country and I did like the fact that Edwards held doctors accountable, but now his health care plan is to make everyone go to a doctor, so he's out on that deal for me. Hillary cannot garner the black vote from Obama, she's no Bill and her 'experience' by being Mrs. Bill Clinton just really doesn't ring of the feminist statement, "I am woman." And I've been skeptical about Obama since he was the 2004 keynote speaker before he was ever elected to a national office. I just don't buy into his "sudden rise" in politics and I think his popularity has been orchestrated early on, and is now due to Oprah, not his substance or core values. So, I've had enough of the dems, all the way around.
I didn't mention Ron Paul because I just don't see him as a viable candidate. He's a doctor/politician and a libertarian/republican. Too much paradox for me to sort out.
Can Huckabee unite this country? Look at AIPAC and the Religious Right. This country refuses to be united by the Bible! I don't think any human is going to fare any better, but Huckabee is conservative in some key areas and relates to the common person in other areas, so who knows . . . What I do know, is, he's restored my enthusiasm in the concept that the White House isn't for sale and some politicians aren't owned by "The Political Machine."
Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: James, brother of Messiah

No comments:

Blog Archive