Monday, January 21, 2008

Entertainment at the Republican's Expense

I'm working very hard on my next book, and I feel terrible about the fact that I am delighting in making fun of the Census Document Questionnaire, using their own information, but we all need an outlet, and for now, this is mine.
Today we are addressing Social Issues.

1. Do you think Congress should pass the Federal Marriage Amendment, protecting marriage as a union between one man and one woman?
*Answer: I think politicians need to know the definition of amendment. If this amendment were added, what portion of the Constitution would it even be addressing? I realize civics class was a few years ago for me, but I don't remember anything in the Constitution about marriage. As a matter of fact, marriage is a Biblical matter, and I do know Congress is not supposed to make any law about religion. I would think the Republican Party would have enough evangelicals to know marriage is a religious matter.

2. Do you want Republicans to defend the recently-passed partial birth abortion ban from attacks by the Democrat majority?
*Answer: I think the terminology is horrific. I also think this is the most disgusting worn out, publicity stunt, the American people have had to endure. Republicans had total power of all 3 branches of the government for 6 years, and this is still an issue??? If you Republicans were serious about doing something about this, you would have done so, by now.

3. Do you support President Bush's initiatives to allow private religious and charitable groups to do more to help those in need?
*Answer: Great wording! Do I think the government needs to subsidize religion? No, because once the government is involved, these religious organizations will just be one more arm of an invasive, controlling government. The book of Job says, "The LORD giveth and the LORD taketh away, blessed be the Name of the LORD.
I just don't think the LORD needs to be replaced with the government.

No comments:

Blog Archive