Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pundits Make Me See Red

I find it interesting that the color, red, used to be associated with Communism and now it's associated with being republican. Of course, it's always been associated with anger or aggression, and that brings me to the task of the pundits! Every time I listen to news/talk radio, I think to myself that I've just never heard someone so starved for attention. Why does every pundit sound like they were a neglected child or a precocious child. I have to literally stifle a smug snicker when I hear the republicans carry on about Al Gore's childhood, and his perceived need for attention. I don't see the difference, well, with the exception that Al now seems to speak as an adult, where as these pundits are still name calling like the third grade play ground. I shouldn't lump all the pundits in the same category, but recently there has been a real barrage of comments that seem to just aim for incitement. I think they are all just trying to keep up with Rush. I actually heard Ms. Coulter on Mark Levin's show say that she was jealous of Rush. Well, she solved that problem, now didn't she? Interestingly she didn't come up with her "convert the Jews" comment when speaking with Mark. She saved that for a lower rated show and got a ton of mileage out of it. Just what she needed to promote her new book. I saw the front cover. So, are Christian girls in private schools allowed to dress like Ann? And are all these future submissive wives taught to have such sharp tongues? And since when is it ok to for Christians to have contempt for anyone, even a liberal? Well, enough about Ann. She can manage to get attention her own way, without my blog feeding that. I'll move on to Sean H., because I just can't deal with him at all. I don't think his bantoring message goes with his theme song, and he knows his loyal listeners are operating on raw aggressive emotion, rather than logic, and he uses it. They love his arrogance! I heard the intro into his show. Something about just giving him 3 hours of the day. You know, I don't know many religious people that give G~D that kind of time in a given day . . .
Dr. Bill has spent an inordinant amount of time bashing former President Carter, so I'm guessing he just can't quite get going with his aggression, like the younger pundits, or perhaps by repetition, he's somehow going to educate his listeners.
Well, let me say this about President Carter. He had a very nonagressive foreign policy because I beleive he espoused the faith that "turns the other cheek," and yes he gave an interview to Playboy addressing adultery. Aren't believers supposed to share their beliefs with nonbelievers? I think his interview reached as many living rooms as the average door knocking evangelical can in a life time.
This news/talk mantra that just feeds the raw aggressive emotions of it's listeners is about like tossing raw meat into a lion cage and I think it's leading our society into a barbaric mentality of "us or them."
. . . and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive