Friday, October 26, 2007

Americans - Do We Really Love to Hate?

I am so sick of politics! Considering the fact that my maiden name is Kennedy, that seems just unthinkable. Now, here I am, proving the title of the blog, by listening to news/talk radio just to hear the propaganda that is being used to influence those that can't really think for themselves, but respond beautifully to aggressive, attacking influence. I don't like the influence that news/talk radio is having on powerless people that have control issues. News/talk radio has just legitimized hatefulness and rudeness, and gathered a following that simply embraces this concept. This is the group of people that love to hate Saddam, and love to hate Ahmadinejad, and love to hate American liberals! Although I wouldn't vote for Hillary, I find it sad that she is loathed by the news/talk groupies as strongly as Saddam Hussein is hated by those same people. I probably won't be voting for John Edwards, either, but I am glad that he is holding corporate medical power in accountability, with what the conservatives call frivolous law suits. I don't consider John Edwards work to be frivolous at all! Although I don't like his plans for legally required insurance, I do appreciate the fact that he does hold doctors accountable. I have a problem, also with Condi. She is just playing Israel and pressuring Olmert, while juggling her boss's marching orders to preach hatred toward elusive terrorists. If America has the right to impose sanctions on a country for supporting terrorism, why did we handle Lebanon, last year, with such kid gloves when they have elected Hezbollah to their Parliament? Can somebody please make sense of this? See, loving to hate and breeding contempt . . . What's the deal with that? And I am not happy with the present administration, which does inspire my views to be negative and against, rather than pro and positive. I don't like the fact that our nation is now motivated by anger, hate and negativity, rather than love and peace. I don't like it at all. I am absolutely offended that both parties are using a fire in California for political gain. The conservatives are blaming the environmentalists and the liberals are blaming the war in Iraq. I thought the governor chose his words carelessly and sounded like he was blaming G~D, referring to the wind, heat, and lack of rain. And here, this week's Torah reading covered Sodom and Gomorrah . . . so where do we all back up and regroup? I pointed out the comparison at the time of Katrina and the account of Noah. I, personally do believe our nation is way off base with all of our hatefulness and arrogance. Do I think the people of California are personally responsible? No, but I do think we need to look at our direction and I do think we need to consider the wake up calls, America has received.I read the stats. Six thousand Americans die every day, on average. That means, so far, there has been no tragedy or crisis that has exceeded that average, so . . . it's time to wake up and evaluate. I prayed yesterday about how to intervene for California, and you know, I simply asked, as I'm sure many others have. I hear now that the fires are less intense and people are able to return home. And even though news/talk radio, on their moral high road, is choosing to leave G~D out of the equation, I hear them say, the fires are less intense. That's exactly what Abraham did, in this week's Torah reading. He asked on behalf of others.I'm tired of America going in the direction of greedy aggression. I am ready to be headed in a positive direction. How can we get rid of this idea that power is in hateful greedy aggression?
He that loveth not knoweth not G~d; for G~d is love. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive