Thursday, October 18, 2007

Animal Control, Animal Rescue: People Control

Well, Ellen Degeneres tried to do a very nice thing, but . . . I've read the reports and I just don't get the mentality of the animal rescue and PETA people. You'd think, with all the animal abuse in the news of late, that some animal rescue mission would be happy to know an animal has found a good and happy home, but NO, that's just not enough control for some people that fancy themselves to be animal rescuers. You talk about missing the point. Although I don't understand or agree with a number of headlines about Ellen Degeneres, I really think she was just trying to do a very nice thing and these people running the animal rescue are more concerned with CONTROL, than with animal rescue. It wasn't like Ellen gave the dog to Michael Vick. There were two young girls in the home that really got attached to Iggy. And the girls were what, pre-adolescent? Isn't this age discrimination? It wasn't like they were going to pull the dog's ears or try to feed it silly putty. I've read the comments from Marina Batkis, co-owner of Mutts and Moms, the nonprofit dog-rescue organization and I just think she sounds like an absolute control freak. She sounds like the typical animal rights person that is all about people control! I would not threaten the woman, I wouldn't attempt to reason with her, because that is obviously beyond her scope, I would simply recognize that she has a "not for profit" status to be unreasonable and find an organization that is really in business or service to find homes for abandoned pets.
Ellen tried to do a very nice thing. Two young girls are very sad, and this one situation seems to completely change the message of pet adoption. I, personally, wouldn't deal with the likes of this situation. I truly think Mutts and Moms need to find their niche in an area that welcomes such stringent control, like the present administration.
A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel . . . a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive