Friday, June 01, 2007

I Have To Admit, I Had My Doubts . . .

Yesterday I posted some questions to each of the three democratic fore runners. I have received responses already. I asked these questions as a private citizen, rather than the press. I realize blogging is journalism, so posting these, officially changes my status. Yeah! Immediately after posing my questions, I received what I thought to be an auto-responder from both Clinton and Obama, which was great. The subject line of both, read: Thank you for your . . .

I haven't received anything else from the Clinton camp, yet, but I thought this picture was just priceless, considering the fact that this speech took place the same day, the National Spelling Champion was declared. I have included the link where this picture was posted, so I think that covers copyright issues and terms of agreement. We'll see. I'm guessing she doesn't have a former Spelling Champ on her campaign committee. I just can't wait to hear her plans for education.








Here is the response I received:
Dear Friend,
Thank you for your inquiry to the Hillary Clinton for President Exploratory Committee. Your comments are important to us. Due to the high volume of questions we receive, it may take us time to answer you directly . . .

I'll let you know what she says about Bill's involvement, when I hear.

Now Mr. Obama's was a different matter. Although I thought I received an auto responder, it was personal:
Dear Kindred,
Thank you for contacting Obama for America. The volume of messages we are receiving has exceeded all expectations. While it is difficult to respond to thousands of messages a week as efficiently as we would like, the level of interest and nature of the comments reflected in these communications are very gratifying. Your thoughts on our campaign and America's future are greatly appreciated . . . and then there was so much more . . .
Later that same evening, I received another e-mail, containing a slightly less personal response, but again substance free:
"Obama for America" no-reply@barackobama.com
To: emissaryscribe@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 21:42:00 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Response to Your Message to Senator Obama
Dear Friend,
Thank you for contacting Senator Barack Obama. We're glad to have your comments. Barack greatly appreciates the outpouring of messages he has received from across the country and from Americans around the world, and on behalf of Obama for America, we appreciate hearing from you . . .
And I was thanked again, at the close of the "reply" or "no-reply" according to the correspondence.
I discovered in a very short time, we had gone from a first name basis, back to my anonymity, with no reference whatsoever to my question. Sounds like politics as usual to me . . .
I have to admit, I received the most colorfully quaint non-response from my correspondence with Mr. Edwards.
I received an invitation, from his mother, to celebrate his birthday. Seriously, and for just $6.10, since his birthday is 6/10, I can have a copy of her secret recipe for pecan pie. Is that not just precious?
Well, I shouldn't make fun. When I ran for public office on the county level, my mom told me she wouldn't vote for me, because I ran in the wrong party, so at least his mom believes in him, but she didn't answer my question. I don't know if I will hear more, or not, but I will post any and all responses.
So, it looks like, so far in the race between the democrats, I still don't know what they are doing or what they plan to do, but Bobbie Edwards, John's mom, response was helpful in determining the Scripture that will be used, today.
Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right. a Proverb from Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive