Monday, June 11, 2007

Tolerance Education, the Removal of Free Speech

I listened yesterday to some interview with Colin Powell. Although he was giving direct, sidestepping answers regarding his days as Secretary of State and the Iraq War, he gave some valuable insight into the real agenda of this administration. I've discussed this before, but Colin Powell was quite clear. They want to reach the young people and shape the direction of the thinking. And if you don't think they are doing a good job, just look around. The die hard, cranky at Bush, "young dems or independents" are the up and coming corporate capitalists. This administration is good . . . He's got the young adults that don't support him and wouldn't think of voting for him, living exactly according to his agenda and striving for what his party stands for. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the next generation is being programmed. As I mentioned, earlier, spring break has nothing to do with Passover or Easter, but the final hour of school that Friday before, is a patriotic extravaganza. So, if I were a child, I would think the vacation pertained to what we were singing about. To further enhance my perspective, our granddaughter is visiting with us, solo. That means her twin sister and little brother went home with mom and she stayed on, for another week and the conversations have been absolutely illuminating! As I was fixing dinner, she informed me that they were not allowed to talk about G~d at school. I asked her if that rule was announced, or how she came to be aware of it. She told me that she had been told by Ms. B_____, at Adventure Club, when she was showing the other kids her new coloring book, published by her grandparents. This statement from her immediately led me to two thoughts in my own head. One, Dr. Powell's comments yesterday about how many extra programs there are for kids now, like after school, etc. And two, back to my own days in school. I had a science teacher that was a proclaimed agnostic that allowed me to discuss creation while the text book presented the theory of evolution, and I remember my Junior High School principal who suggested that I draw the line between personal beliefs and school discussions. Interestingly, the principal was a deacon at the Baptist Church. So, what does it all boil down to? I'm thinking, if the generations are just programmed to give up their free speech and freedom of religion, then nobody is taking their rights away from them . . . and if they are taught to be willingly silenced, it is of course, called tolerance.
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of G~d to hearken unto you more than unto G~d, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. - the book of Acts, New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive