Thursday, June 21, 2007

Candidate Update

I promised updates regarding my questions for the candidates. So far to date, I have received 10 emails from the Obama campaign. Although, my inbox indicates they have different senders, including two with his name, there are two things in common: A statement that says Mr. Obama would like to hear comments and a button with the word DONATE. There was also some sort of dinner raffle for four people who donated. I'm using the word "raffle," the Obama camp didn't. And now they have been selected and I will get to "hear" how dinner goes. Edwards is a bit different, as I really like his way of asking for money in the last e-mail. He doesn't ask for huge dollar amounts or even what I'd like to send. He's got this great plan for asking for a modest amount and always mentions it's not how much, but how many. "small change will bring big change" Now isn't that just catchy? I've received 9 e-mails from the Edwards camp. Some from campaigners, one from his mom, one from his wife, and there are even two that have his name on the sender line. And John gives more choices that Barrack. John has three options at the end of his messages. I can join the campaign, make a donation, or spread the word. Since it costs so much to be a president, it seems the best "beggar" will be the one that becomes our nation's leader. I've only received the one response from the Rodham-Clinton camp, but I have noticed in the headlines that Bill is joining the campaign. If she's elected, I just don't look for him to have as much power as she did in his administration, but I could be wrong. At any rate, I'd like to think my question played a part in Bill's participation. Because as all of the candidates continue to explain: We each have a part in this country's direction for 2008!
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but YHVH pondereth the hearts.

No comments:

Blog Archive