Monday, June 04, 2007

The World My Grandchildren Will Inherit

I will post more of the correspondences from the candidates as they come in, and so far, I have heard again from both Obama and Edwards. I still haven't received any answers or even acknowledgment of my comments or questions, but they keep telling me what I can do to help. I thought that's why they were running for president. They were the ones with the ideas of what they could do to help. I thought it was the politicians that call themselves public servants. These public servants seem to be quite gifted in the area of delegation and or begging, as I have now received several links and suggestions for what I can do for them. But back to matters of great importance to me. Our grandchildren are visiting this week, and that is always a fun time and I find myself not being very attentive to the news nor accomplished in my commentary. But their visits always inpsire thoughts pertaining to current events and I wonder. Just what will the world be like when they are adults. What will the requirements be for my grandson, when he becomes of legal age? Where will the front for the war on terror be, by then? Unfortunately, I'm guessing there will no longer be a voluntary military, and I'm guessing the war will still not be over. Now with all the women's rights and equality, I mean we have a woman with the poll potential for receiving the democratic nomination for president in 2008. So, if women can be elected, then will the non-political women have to serve? Will "they" simply remind them in a few years, of what a long way they have come since the sufferage movement? Will "they" have already convinced this upcoming generation that it is their patriotic privilege to die for a war without end, that began without purpose? Will our grandchildren just learn the same little patriotic songs that we were taught, maybe a few new ones about bumper stickers and SUVs and military pride, and oh, sprinkle a few references to G~d or prayer in there. Will the programming of our grandchildren be as diligent as the previous generations attempted on us and as effective? It concerns me greatly, that they may reach adulthood before the second coming and inherit this mess that has been made without conscience or thought to those whose future should be bright and promising while their childhood should be wide-eyed, enthusiastic, trusting and carefree.
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is His reward. a Psalm of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive