Friday, June 15, 2007

When Will "Rule of Law" Make Sense?

There were three things in the news this week that really concern me, as a non-republican, non-captialist American, and I don't know if these subjects have any correlation yet or not. I realize that description alone, is cause to question my patriotism and probably my mental stability, as well. The first thing that concerns me is this Scooter Libby deal. I mean he's a more obvious patsy than Lee Harvey Oswald was, and as usual Americans just sit there with their heads rattling about it being partisan. No, it isn't partisan, it's a red herring from the government thrown at the law abiding citizens for two reasons. One, to let us peons know, that "nobody is above the law," which is completely laughable under the circumstances, and two, to distract the easily distracted while "other matters" are either implemented or legislated. If Americans are divided on an emotional or political issue, they just seem more ready and willing to buy more of the nonsense being perpetrated through this administration. Back to Libby, basically in an investigation that produced no charges, he's been charged and found guilty for obstructing justice and lying to investigators . . . If there were no charges to accomplish justice, what did he obstruct? If we really are going to send politicians to jail for lying, Washington DC will become a ghost town. And what's the big rush about sending him to jail while he attmepts an appeal? I am personally aware of more than one case in which a person has been found guilty of harming another person, and they are all free on their perspective bonds awaiting appeals. I just don't get it, but I know there is more to the story . . .
Dennis Miller made an interesting remark in his program yesterday, or whenever. We don't actually get any live radio programs, just the illusion that we are hearing things as they happen and commentary is welcome. Rebroadcasts just don't have that same interactive quality or in my case interest, but he commented about his disapproval of the President's handling of illegal immigration and said something to the effect of, what's he trying to do? have a North American Union, like Europe or something . . . that's not a direct quote, but the gist of the comment. Well, I remember when Terri Schiavo's situation was all that was covered in the national news. Remember when our President, our hero, disrupted his vacation at the ranch to go back and sign some useless law at 1:00 in the morning to save Terri. Well, he didn't get that done either, but two days later he met with Martin and Fox about something called SSP. I invite you to go to www.whitehouse.gov and type SSP into the search. Read it, I think that will answer Mr. Miller's question.
And last, but certainly not least, there is a new bill that Schumer (D) and the NRA are both in agreement about, since the tragedy at Virginia Tech. Once again, our government is using a very emotionally charged trauma to introduce frightening legislation. This interesting little piece of legislation is really not about guns, but rather about the central information center, and citizen control. The term "mentally defective" is used in the wording. My concern and I have had first hand experience with capitalists, "compassionate conservatives," and high living, so-called compassionate liberals, who don't think I think right, and you know what, they sound alike; flat mean. I have had horrendous comments made to me regarding my not so stable years, and the accountability demands are subjugating. I like to think a less stable person than myself, like the inquisitor, might have a stronger reaction to such insipid interrogation. I have it easy, I can let the answering machine pick up and use a junk filter on my e-mail, as a matter of fact, I don't have to keep a telephone or the internet, but what happens to people who are still trying to be part of this corporate, capitalistic, society and remain free thinkers. I realize they are few and far between, but there are still a few of us. That young man that shot those students had a problem that everyone overlooked, and they did know about it. So how many people will be falsely accused of having a problem that doesn't exist, simply because they have a different perspective or beliefs? The fact that this legislation will pass truly concerns me, because someone will be making the arbitrary calls as to who is defective and who is not? Obviously party lines make no difference,but I wonder just how the criteria and standard will be determined for what is considered mentally defective?
Surely oppression maketh a wise man mad . . . - Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive