Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What Happens When . . .

What does happen when we see reality? When we see the correlation between the euphemisms of current events and historical atrocities? When we realize, we just don't believe those in government any more? It used to be, our government officials had actual productive, contributing careers, which they set aside or placed on hold for a few years of public service, then went back to being productive members of this country. Now, we have government officials that have only been politicians or worse yet, bad businessmen. And when they are through "serving," they make speeches for an outrageous fee. I have officially arrived at the conclusion that the politicians are going to take care of themselves and each other; and their so called constituents are going to live out the decisions that are made for the best interest of the "representatives." Free elections will not guarantee that the people are heard, much less, ever ensure self governing. Eminent domain is just the 21st Century term for Russia's expulsion edict, in the early 20th century. Free speech will not be taken by force, it will be given up in the name of tolerance. The majority of women that are absolutely pro-life, think childhood boundaries should be as confining as a womb. I told my daughter about "stranger danger," only we didn't have catchy little buzz phrases then, we simply explained that there were some bad people out there. But I didn't tell her about that, to make an excuse to confine her, I taught her about that to make her aware, as her freedom grew. I'm sick to death of hearing how afraid we are supposed to be of everything, as our officials are wanting to grant amnesty to at least 12 million unknown, untraced individuals already here, while my freedom is getting locked down. It doesn't fly! And speaking of "doesn't fly," I'm sick of the bird flu scare tactics, also. I don't believe that either, and if it does happen, I don't believe it will be by chance. Al Sharpton is in an uproar over Paris Hilton because her sentence has been too easy on her. Where was he when Mel Gibson was stopped drunk, again, making outrageous anti-Semitic remarks, and didn't have to go to jail? So, not only should we eliminate every comment from public conversation that could carry some sort of potential racial acknowledgment, but only against certain groups. . . and rich, spoiled white girls and cranky old white guys should be singled out for harsher treatment than anyone else. Sorry Don . . . Dick Cheney has publicly commented that even if the "bad intelligence" that was supposedly the reason America invaded Iraq was known to be bad at the time, he would still be for the invasion. Well, that makes me pretty sure someone already knew at the time, it was bogus info. I'm still getting e-mails from the Edwards camp and the Obama camp, but never have I received any hint of an answer to my question. Although, every time Obama asks for support and my time to volunteer, his messages do continuously tell me how different he is and what a fresh direction he is for politics. So, now I sit here blogging my heart out, knowing the only difference I can make is to sound an alarm. I am not represented in Washington, I don't believe my vote makes any difference, I know this war has no end, neither basis for a beginning, and I simply no longer believe any of the people in leadership, and yet I am a law abiding American. Law abiding by conscious choice, American simply by birth.
This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in her heart, I am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a desolation, a place for beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth by her shall hiss, and wag his hand. Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive