Friday, June 08, 2007

Light of Democracy and Freedom or . . .

the headlight of the oncoming train of tyranny. I've inferred many things through these blogposts, as I feel I must research a topic thoroughly and have all my facts certain before actually stating, so I will present this blog on the premise that I have more solid evidence than our leaders did when they declared war on Iraq. The Secretary of Defense is changing positions, and who knows who will replace him, but obviously this chess game of politics is getting strategic. Will we the people actually find ourselves in check before the '08 elections? The Rush insiders are already hinting about the amendment prohibiting a president from a third term. I've been trying to see if there is anything on the books about difficult enough times to prohibit an election, you know, to protect democracy . . . Now that we have Turkey coming into Iraq to help us in the north, against the Kurds, don't you wonder if these are Kurds of the same ilk as those that Saddam Hussein was dealing with? And oh, we are actually putting guns in the hands of some of Saddam's former inside men. So, now that we do know that, does anybody really have any idea why America invaded Iraq? I personally think it was to keep our nation divided, so things could progress closer to home. I have noticed not once, but twice in the state of Missouri, and both times it was in a city that has bought into being "owned" through federal grants, an interesting outcome through "free elections." First, there was some local tax increase for school improvements put on the ballot with a general election, which didn't pass. Then, the tax percentage increases, but so have the federal grant dollars, then there is a special election a few months later and lo and behold, it passes. Realizing Americans are fickle, and noting the mindset of the first community in which I observed this, I didn't think much about it, but I just saw it happen again, right after all of the same discussions in the local chamber of commerce and city council. Knowing the first community seemed to take pride being a greedy dependent place in which to set the trend for ignorant pride, I just sighed in resignation, but this next one is different. The people in this community are not afraid of hard work and don't believe they are entitled to the fruits of the labors of others, so why all this same debate and plan? Then, when I saw the school the day after the special election that approved this tax increase for the school, it made so much more sense. The school was already under reconstruction. It was as if, the election just made it possible for the work to be done openly. The true definition of the sunshine law. I have to say, I really don't believe that Americans are quite this fickled and I'm not certain that they change their mind that readily. What I am wondering, however; is the necessity of elections when the plans are already made.
For they that are such, serve not our Lord Y'shuah Messiah, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive