Thursday, May 31, 2007

Straight to the Source

Isn't life fascinating? There are several Senators that got busy on the campaign trail nearly two years before the election. Are they leaving Washington in good hands? I think we all knew Hillary was going to toss her "hat" into the ring before she was elected for Senate last time. It was easy to see that somebody besides Barack Obama had big plans for him when he, a virtual unknown, and not yet elected Senator was the keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. I, personally, thought the Kerry/ticket may have gone the distance, had the names been reversed, so seeing Mr. Edwards hit the campaign trail was certainly no surprise. I decided to write each of them a question or comment, as a private citizen over a particular concern I have for each of them on an individual basis. I was considering this for all the candidates, but there aren't any republicans I am considering; and of these three democrats, considering the popularity of the republicans, one of them just may have a good chance of becoming our next president. So I thought I'd see just how much each of them wanted to hear the concerns of the average American.
I'm going to share my question or comment to each of them, here, and when they respond, I'll share their answer. Edwards
To Mr. Barack Obama, I wrote:
Mr. Obama,
I have never voted Republican in my life, and don't plan to, but I am not yet convinced by any democratic candidate that they truly bring change. My question is regarding your promise to do things differently . . . You have literally risen from basic obscurity to the national limelight in record time. I knew when I saw you deliver the keynote address at the 2004 National Convention, that plans were in the works. As a democrat that is already telling us how you would spread the burden of the expense of health care, etc. Why are you running such an expensive campaign? You spoke at the National Convention before you were even elected to be a junior senator. You grew up outside of the continental "America" of the time and you had risen to fame before even being elected? Why are you running your campaign according to the status quo?

Don't you just wonder how a nearly anonymous guy got to be the national keynote speaker? With this kind of charisma, why does he need millions?
To Hillary Rodham Clinton, I posed this simple question:
I have a question for Mrs. Clinton, or Ms. Rodham-Clinton. If elected, will the former President Clinton be as active in your administration as you were in his?
Thank you

I just feel like she's counting on the "Bill factor" and I want to know if we can . . .
Mr. John Edwards posed a health care plan with which I took issue. I wanted to remind a democrat that we were counting on them to remember our nearly forgotten Bill of Rights.
Mr. Edwards,
I read that you intend to address health care by making health insurance a legal requirement like car insurance. That would create a serious separation of church and state issue. Some people in this country do not believe in allopathic medical care. To insist upon health insurance for all, and legally mandating such, is to infringe upon our First Amendment right to freely practice our religion.
Thank you for listening.
I think the democrats are now at a definite disadvantage. They are as corporately empowered as the republicans, yet they still try to come across as "average America" and the democrats are always about more taxes and sharing, while these candidates don't seem to be living beneath the republican standard of living, at all. Now, we'll see what they have to say . . .
In all hard work there is profit, but talk only makes a man poor. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive