Tuesday, May 08, 2007

G~d Must Be So Angry . . .

I am not even going to address the fear factor that has become a part of the American culture, but I am sad that the American culture has become so far from G~d. I've had three interesting awarenesses today that have simply framed issues that have been an ongoing controversy in my observations and in American current events of political matters. I had a lengthy conversation with my very extreme religious right mother, that literally believes every word spoken by Rush Limbaugh. She openly states that she refuses to entertain any other view, because all that was available before Rush was the "other side" so she's simply not interested in listening to anything else now. Well, "the other side," before Rush, was about fifteen years ago and current events in American history have unfolded dramatically. Now is not the time to decide we need less information while entertaining more fear and discussing more war. Is driven by fear and war really the direction we want for America? Because that is the proposed direction of talk radio . . .
Today I also received one of those ignorant pass around e-mails that cannot be considered SPAM because we know the person that forwarded this "illuminated information." This e-mail ws supposed to be a monologue delivered by Jay Leno who was supposedly elaborating on his views regarding the detrimental effect that the media is having on the American public. The words that were supposedly spoken to his credit indicated in no uncertain terms that we Americans that are not happy about the direction of America are simply ungrateful and spoiled. His presumed diatribe continued to blame those of us that do not feel the current direction of our nation is appropriate. So basically, the only thing to be unhappy about in America are nearly 70% of Americans that believe we aren't right about everything . . . As I read this "would be rebuke" from the host of the Tonight Show, two thoughts crossed my mind. One: There's just nobody like Johnny Carson, and Two: Just where would Jay Leno be, how well known would his name be, were it not for the "media?"
And last, but certainly not least, I read that the Pentagon has told 35,000 troops to get ready to go to Iraq. That's right there are deployment orders for another 35,000 members of the military, after several thousand have already deployed this spring. At first, I was ready to climb up on my soap box and rant that through the State of the Union address, our President mentioned a 20,000 troop surge, but my soap box would have only embarassed me. I went to whitehouse.gov and discovered the fact that regardless of what I thought I had heard, what is written is . . . our President vowed to send more than 20,000 troops in the coming year. Well, 35,000 is "more than" 20,000 and we are certainly a number of months away until the end of the year. In all of our President's comments, this fact is an absolute truth, without political doublespeak; 35,000 is "more than" 20,000. So, our President cannot be considered to be lying or have difficulty communicating, we must simply consider everything we're told. And I am tired of hearing people say he isn't very smart. I think he puts a great deal of thought and receives input from his advisors into every detail he plans and every statement he makes.
It would now appear, that it has been ordained for America to live in fear and war, be entertained by those that would deride us, and be led by those that would lead us into the global position of participation in the last days government of mystery Babylon.
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of G~d: the powers that be are ordained of G~d.

No comments:

Blog Archive