Monday, March 28, 2005

Remember the Story of Daniel?

I turned the radio on last evening to hear the news blip at the top of the hour just a few minutes before the hour. The Sean Hannity show was on, and to be perfectly honest, I don't listen to it, but this timing was really amazing. I don't believe in coincidence, I really believe that G~d, Himself let me hear this. It was the time of the program in which Mr. Hannity takes calls, and his caller was none other than Judge Roy Moore. I have a great deal of respect for Judge Moore and the stand he took that ultimately resulted in being removed from the bench. I remember when all this happened and I compared Judge Moore to Daniel in the Bible. Daniel didn't give up his belief in G~d, nor compromise, even when it meant the lion's den in Babylon. I was a little disheartened when Judge Moore was reported to have come to my home state to applaud our state representatives for putting some stone on the wall in the shape of Missouri with the Missouri Constitution on it. Because our Constitution has the word G~d in it, Representative Schaaf apparently felt the two situations were comparible. But then I realized, this was simply our local people giving their own report. I never heard Judge Moore compare the Missouri Constitution etched in tombstone granite with the Ten Commandments. What I did hear yesterday on the Sean Hannity show was absolutely wonderful and in character with the Judge Roy Moore I have come to admire and respect.
The coversation seemed strained for the Judge, in that Mr. Hannity seemed to have difficulty comprehending what the Judge was staying. It seemed clear to me, but . . . Basically they were discussing the Schiavo case and the actuality of power between the branches of government. Could there be a better example of a Judge being overridden than Judge Roy Moore, or as Mr. Hannity pointed out, former Judge Roy Moore. Mr. Hannity's question, when he did intereact seemed to be saying . . . Well, what if the Governor or the President did take executive power to preserve life, and the same thing happened to them that happened to the Judge?
Mr. Hannity made a very good point and gave a very clear description of the potential pitfalls of standing by one's conviction. I found the answer to Mr. Hannity's concern . . .
Your God, whose servant you are at all times, will keep you safe
Found something regarding Judge Moore in that same Chapter of Daniel.
Then these men said, We will only get a reason for attacking Daniel in connection with the law of his God.

No comments:

Blog Archive