Thursday, March 03, 2005

Hate Crime

I was going to read the annual statistics the FBI keeps on Hate Crimes, but the page was taking so long to load, I was afraid "they" might be analyzing why I wanted the information. And with that, I realized the term "hate crime" lends to the paranoid innuendo of "thought policing." When I first heard the term; hate crime, I thought, well isn't there a certain degree of hate or at least a lack of regard to commit a crime against another individual? Then I realized I was mistaken, because before there were crimes of hate, there were crimes of passion. So of course, the analysis of someone's thoughts must occur to take into account "crimes of passion," also. Which often lessens the sentence when one is found guilty. So, crime motivated by hate is worse than crime motivated by passion? Why? Doesn't the victim suffer the same results? There is the implication for a crime to be one of passion, unlike a crime of hate; there has been some sort of provocation . . . ? It's as if society has deemed us less responsible for our passion, but more accountable for hate, which is continuously being loosely redefined. There I go again, on my redefining "soap box." The next thing one realizes, is that our intent is being analyzed and determined by whom? Someone that has their own thought issues or someone void of the process and ability to think? To truly analyze the impact of a perpetrator's thoughts in determining the intensity of the crime and the penalty, who holds the pure standard? And how much hate is displayed and expressed without the commission of an actual crime? Is it criminal to teach children to hate? The Bible says, yes. Of course the Bible also says, judgment of the heart is up to G~d, not man. Now, since there is actual documentation regarding hate crime, then are our thoughts policed? Or is it only after a crime is committed? Or do we actually know who is keeping track of what? What about all this profiling? And I know, I hear the conservatives say in an Imperialistic tone, "I have nothing to hide." And to that I say, "then I guess you are free to give up your privacy." And I hear the liberals express their "humanistic condescension" to label everything and everyone that does not have the insightful grasp of understanding they have acheived. So, I would say, like everything else that is going on, there will not be a sane, logical, approach to this from either party, but there is hope for the rest of us. The conservatives just keep having more to monitor, so that keeps a large number of them listening to each other, rather than interacting with the "non-cons." And as for the liberals, they are beginning to realize, as long as their creed is based upon humanism, the game plan changes almost daily, and remains introspective and self-focused. So the only thing we non-criminal independents must be wary of, is; expressing our thoughts when either group is crusading to illuminate.

for the LORD sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.

No comments:

Blog Archive