Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

As I've heard the radio announcers promote the meaning of Memorial Day, I've pondered the meaning, myself. I told my husband a couple of years ago, it won't be long until the only holidays that are acknowledged in school are pro-patriotism, and I guess since there is supposed to be a separation of church and state, that's okay. So since there is a separation of church and state, imagine my surprise yesterday morning when I awoke to the radio playing the "Southern Gospel hour" and everything was patriotic. Where's the separation, I ask? Now, clearly the church and synagogue have realized they have no place in government. So, why is the church singing praise to the government on church time? I've been particularly upset about a situation in Wisconsin. There are some people there that have similar beliefs to mine, especially in the area of health care. Their 11 year old daughter died and Friday a jury found the mother guilty of "reckless homocide!" I can't believe there were no believers on that jury! And since that was the case, how was that a jury of her peers? I am still in shock that this happened right here in America. The very place that today, we are memorializing all those that have died for American freedom. I just wonder how all the men and women through history that have fought and bled and died for freedom, especially religious freedom, would feel if they were alive today and heard about this? Is this the kind of freedom they fought and died for? Freedom from religion? Now, that our nation has determined that true Biblical faith is illegal, where's the freedom they fought and died for?
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive