Monday, May 11, 2009

Finally . . . Change I Could Take Note Of

I read about the annual White House Correspondent's Dinner. That was the one event that I just thought George W. Bush always shined. That single event always made me want to throw a big barbecue and invite him. No matter how much I disagreed with the majority of his decisions, and just couldn't see his politics, I enjoyed the humorous, human side of him, as I read the press coverage and heard the radio reports after this dinner. Upon reading about the Obama White House Correspondent's Dinner, I realize now I see the change. I don't agree with a number of Obama's decisions and can't really embrace his politics, but his so called attempt at humor was sad and his apparent appreciation of beneath "common" entertainment, I find inappropriate for society in general, much less the White House. Not only is President Obama out of touch with the common folk, I find him to support a great deal of racism,, and he's simply not funny. George W. Bush would actually make sport of certain things going on his own life; his approval ratings, his speech pattern, etc. President Obama came across completely arrogant and aloof. I never heard President Bush turn the White House Correspondent's Dinner into a "roast" of politicians and pundits that were not in attendance. Maybe I'm not getting a clear picture or accurate report, but from what I've read from the media that supposedly promotes him, I'm less than impressed. At this point in his administration, after reading his so called humor and enjoyment of the event, the only thing that came to mind was "The Gong Show." Rather than some of the comments that I read that were made that evening, I think the sound of the gong would have been an improvement.
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have . . . New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive