Friday, May 15, 2009

A Bit of a Rant Yesterday

Okay, I'm a little calmer and will try to just stay on a topic, rather than rant about half a dozen tangents. I see that GM is playing this a little closer to the vest than Chrysler did. I'm guessing that may be because they don't intend to take back the inventory, so the names are not being released. I'm glad we bought what could very well be our last vehicle made by GM. In my last book, Threshold of Technocracy, I mentioned we were looking at GM being the initials for food, rather than cars, as in "genetic modification." I gave up Cadillac driving for something a bit more practical, for farm life. We bought a Chevy Uplander and we really do like it. My daughter calls it our FUV (Farm Utility Vehicle.) So far it's hauled everything from "the whole bunch of us for an outing" to goats, feed, fruit trees, and fish for the new pond. With things going the way they are, the vehicles may be cheaper in the next few months, or maybe just maybe our purchase will make the difference between the dealership being closed or remaining a vital part of our community's economy. I pray the dealership gets to choose as to whether or not they want to continue doing business with the Corporation. I still have a real issue with the fact that the big guys get their big bucks and the individuals that invest their lifetime and their life savings in the product can be put out of business with the stroke of a pen, at someone else's desk. I'm sorry for Chrysler, but they had the luxury of Lee Iacocca and certainly have been at the top of the game with their Vans and big Dodge trucks for quite awhile. I think that was simply some poor management, when they came up with the PT Cruiser. It's like they were grabbing at a gimmick, and gimmicks are never sustaining. Now, it seems that the auto industry is just at the mercy of the agenda to track, contain, and control. They bought into it with cell phones and GPS, but it took on a life of it's own, to the demise of individual transportation. The elimination of all these vehicles will certainly encourage the use and enhance the value of the Super Rail that is planned.
. . .so the land became Pharaoh's. And as for the people, he removed them to cities from one end of the borders of Egypt even to the other end thereof. Torah of Holy Scripture

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a without question as you did in the decrease issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=ataraxia ddo ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

Blog Archive