Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tolerance is so Very Special

I first read the story on AP but FOXNews is still yammering on the subject. It's about Miss California and the fact that she was runner up in the Miss USA Pageant. The reason is because the gay judge asked her if she was for or against same sex marriage. I, personally, hope someone along the line sees the irony in this. First, I had to laugh at Shanna Moakler's comments. She had pretty much promoted Carrie through the competition, then in all of her gay rights tolerance, she didn't even speak to her after the pageant or congratulate on being runner up. In all of her tolerance, she's had no problem speaking against her and about her, though. The real hoot is the fact that she said Miss California should represent the majority. Seems I just read that same sex marriage just lost on the California ballot. Maybe Shanna needs to spend a little time on other current events besides the pageant. You know, with all the pro gay tolerance, why limit the pageant to just women? I've seen some very sharp looking cross-dressers!
I don't understand how in the name of so called tolerance, so many want to rob others of their free speech. I applaud Carrie Prejean on her boldness and her honesty. I disagree with her calling this situation a test from G~D, though. I believe it's an opportunity. I think by now, more of America knows who she is than the girl that won. Seems these harsh statements being made and the attempt to rob her of her first amendment rights, may just be a blessing of much more than a tiara. I can't remember the last time I even knew who the reigning, crowned Miss USA was, but I remember this lovely young lady and her name, and I think she'll be famous for years to come, without the scandal usually associated with the few memorable Beauty Queens.
Whether someone agrees or disagrees with her statement, a person shouldn't have to give up their rights as an American citizen to win. I personally agree with her statement, although I don't think marriage should be sanctioned by the government at all. I think it's a religious ceremony and Thomas Jefferson was pretty clear about keeping religion and government separate.
My congratulations to Miss USA. My applause, respect, and congratulations to Carrie.
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey G~D rather than men. Acts of the New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive