Monday, April 27, 2009

Eloquent Speaker, but Passive Divider

In reading the number of headlines about President Obama's first 100 days, I have to say, I'm not really intrigued enough to scroll through the articles. I don't care how popular he is or isn't, he's got the job for another 3 years and roughly nine months. And clearly he's been busy. It just seems, if all goes as planned, who'll need to ever make another decision again? He's got the auto industry by the rivets, the bankers under surveillance, and relocating the war from Iraq to Afghanistan and all the while just talking as smoothly around the world as if he were on some sort of global campaign trail. And now some sort of pandemic health scare, with under 100 confirmed cases of swine flu, out of 6 billion people, we'll have all of our attention on that and I' wondering what else will be passed into law. Surely this will speed along the socialized medicine. It is interesting that he promised bipartisan politics, once he got to Washington, but as far as I can tell, the republicans are their usual hard to get along with selves, and he simply doesn't care. They can be as belligerent as they want in their minority standing. I still won't forget reading a quote, just days after our eloquent new leader took office, when he told them "I won." I don't know if it's because I'm past 50, or because I've seen the handwriting on the wall, or a grandma concerned about the next generations, but I'm not happy about the direction of this nation and although I realize our current administration did not set the direction, he's certainly going full speed ahead. I see Washington politics as a relay race and we the people are simply choosing to be bystanders. We just watch as the baton is passed back and forth between the runners taking it by the right hand or the left. While we are watching the partisan parade yet again, which is not real division at all; we are becoming more divided in our country and the leaders divided from the people.
Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

No comments:

Blog Archive