Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I Find It Amazing

As to how much President Obama sounds like former President Bush. I truly expected a little more difference, at least at first. Oh, I know he's more popular, but then so was G.W. right after he took office. President Obama sounds exactly like G.W. regarding North Korea. He's approached the NATO allies about troops for Afghanistan. I realize that isn't Iraq, but he's really aiming at Pakistan, anyway. I feel like we are seeing the same shell and marble game, as before. He wants a two state solution for the Palestinians and Israel. I still don't understand the situation that Turkey needs to be part of the EU. I think over 95% of Turkey is in Asia. I never understood what the big deal was when G.W. pushed for it, but now that Obama is, I'm sure it is a concealed big deal and I would like to know why. He said something about the example of democracy and free trade. Well, Turkey doesn't have to be part of the EU to have a voice and be counted. America isn't part of the EU and we have democratic free trade. Our President said something about making it possible for Turkey to sell to other countries in the EU. Again, it doesn't require membership in the EU to be a part of NATO, buy and sell goods, so what gives? Both of these men have been rather vague and secular about their religion, but make rather general references to Christianity, and they both have proclaimed Islam to be a religion of peace. They both throw huge amounts of money around and have increased the deficit by trillions. I think what I find the most amazing and similar is the arrogance with which both of these men have virtually told the rest of the world to snap to and pay attention. It's as if they both feel President of the United States is somehow more like President of the world.
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive