Monday, April 06, 2009

News and Information

I heard this morning about N. Korea's launch of something. They say it's a satellite, but their non-allies think otherwise. Even if it's a satellite, that means they are capable of launching other things . . . As I listened to the story being reported, I heard the distinct comment regarding what the people in N. Korea, Russia, and China heard about this launch. The inference was that the people in N. Korea, Russia, and China were probably only hearing the part their government wanted them to hear. As I laid there in bed in the pre-dawn hours, thinking about that, I couldn't help but ponder our very own news sources, who for the most part all sound a great deal like they are working for the Enquirer. So much American news appears to be nothing more than gossip and fear mongering. I wondered what other countries were thinking of America's news sources and information. Now, we think we have complete access to all the news, but we choose our bias with which we listen. Well, if we all acknowledge there is a bias, except those that listen to FOX, isn't that an admission that we are not receiving the full picture of the news? If there's bias, then there is editorializing, and anytime news is editorialized, information is presented and overlooked according to the one seeking and the one reporting. How can we be so sure we are getting all the information and untainted here in America, when we already reject various news sources?
I consider the book of Proverbs when obtaining news and information. I want to know what is really going on. I don't just seek the information I want to hear, or what I agree with. A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive