Friday, April 17, 2009

I Want to be a Serious Blogger

So, I guess I need to change topics. American politics reads like a bad comic book. I can't even take my subject matter seriously, it's gotten too ridiculous. From what I read, Congress is discussing changing the tax code, changing health care, and still never figured out how to track the free money they just threw at the banks and Wall Street. The tax debate has been ongoing for years, and now suddenly there is a bill to discuss? I read somewhere a "fair tax" or "consumption tax." I find that disgusting. I'm tired of being called a consumer by retailers, I sure don't want the government getting comfortable using that term. When dealing with our government, I prefer the term, "citizen!" Considering the fact, if the government becomes our health care coverage provider, then we all are on federal medicare or medicaid and the private insurance companies start hiking the house and car insurance to stay in business. And, there will be far fewer doctors because that won't be enough money for them to make, but there will be more nurse practitioners, because, well because they like authority. And the "fair tax" or consumption tax amounts to nothing more than a federal sales tax on our purchases. If the government can actually take in more money collecting on sales, rather than income, clearly we are spending more than we are earning . . . Do the math! All we have to do is look at the American economy to see that doesn't add up!
If My people, which are called by My Name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. History of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive