Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Michelle, He's Not the Messiah . . .

I just didn't care for the way Michelle Obama "cleaned up" that unfortunate comment she made regarding pride in her country. She went on to let us know just how life changing it will be to put our trust in Barack Obama. She said we are all going to have to work . . . no cynicism . . . and he'll "restoreth" us. To all of her schpeel, I can only say, "Enough, already!" He's running for president of the United States, we already have a G~D and we already have a Messiah, and Barack Obama just ain't either one. Actually, with all these promises and all this houp-ti-law about Obama changing lives and people just are changed forever after they hear him speak, I can't help but wonder how this does fit into the Revelation in Scripture. I went to bed pondering just what I was going to write on this subject, then I got up to the AP headline that Obama had won the global primary, of course upon opening the story, I discovered that made reference to the votes of Americans abroad. I do see Obama possessing a great deal of potential and certainly charisma, but I don't know which direction his potential will take us. I don't really care for what he says, because I'm just not drawn to emotional hype. I want facts and direction, not grandiloquence. The only thing that has made him look good, as far as I'm concerned is his lack of substance. I've been thinking we've had such die hard agenda oriented administrations for the past 20 years, maybe just fluff would be a welcome change.
Perhaps Mr. Obama doesn't see any racial overtones, but clearly his constituents do and we've heard a few from his wife. I realize he has truly garnered wide support from women and whites, but his black supporters and constituents have not been silent about the race issue, and he wasn't either, in the beginning. I don't care what gender or color our next president is, but I don't think I want a president that Oprah has chosen for us. I don't agree with Oprah on very many issues, but backing by the rich and famous doesn't strike me as a different way of playing politics and certainly doesn't make me think "change."
I've heard the rumors and I've seen the squelching thereof regarding Mr. Obama's Muslim affiliation. Mr. Obama's pastor, the Rev. Dr. Jeremiah Wright who just this month retired from the African-American mega church, Trinity United Church of Christ, does have some connections with Islam. He apparently holds a high regard for one member of Islam in particular. I'll just quote Wikipedia here:

>In 2007, Trumpet Magazine (published and edited by Wright's daughter) presented the Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter Award to Farrakhan, whom it said "truly epitomized greatness."[12] Wright is quoted in the magazine offering praise of Farrakhan "as one of the 20th and. 21st century giants of the African American religious experience" and also praised Farrakhan's "integrity and honesty."[13] In response, Obama noted his disagreement with the decision to give the award to Farrakhan<

I guess the one time Mr. Obama is quick to make a direct statement is when he voices retrospective disapproval.  Isn't hind sight usually 20/20?  Do we need a leader that voices the right negative opinion after the fact?
And most important, the one thing I keep hearing is my responsibility or obligation to work to follow this would be "life changing" leader. I already have a religion, I already have a G~D, and I already follow the Messiah. I'm not interested in converting to the religion of Mr. Obama's Changed America.
He that hath an ear, let him hear . . . Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive