Friday, February 01, 2008

Falling Into Place

Well now that Ann Coulter has told Sean Hannity that she will campaign for Hillary if McCain receives the GOP nomination, at the risk of sounding overconfident, my theory is just about to take on a life of it's own.  Of course, Mitt Romney and Barack Obama could receive the nomination of their parties, but . . . So, today before the week-end before Super Tuesday, I'm going to go over the DEFENSE ISSUES questions on The Republican Party Census Document.  And you thought we were finished with this questionnaire.  I have a hard time really thinking of this piece of paper as a 'document,' considering all the registration details to me, a non-Republican.  I associate the word document with something official and accurate.
1.  Do you think U.S. troops should have to serve under United Nations commanders?
I guess that would depend upon who declared the war.  Are the U.S. troops part of the UN effort or are the U.S. troops independently representing the U.S.  If we don't want to be a team player, why don't we just excuse ourselves from the UN membership?
2.  Do you agree that our top military priority should be fighting terrorists?
You mean like Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in Gaza?  Or should we move into Pakistan to catch Osama bin Laden?  Just who would se send our military after, if fighting terrorists were the top military priority?
3.  Should Republicans fight Democrat efforts to impose Clinton-era cuts in the Pentagon's budget?
I thought the Republicans were fighting the terrorists.  I can't keep up with all the fights . . .
4.  Do you support economic sanctions against North Korea and Iran to stop their nuclear 
weapons programs?

Is this more of that "axis of evil" propaganda.  What are they doing?  I read it's resolved, then I read it isn't, then I read it could start any time, then I read we were operating with bad intelligence.  Do "we" really have any idea what they are doing?
5.  Do you agree that sowing the seeds of democracy and freedom in the Middle East is a worthy goal?
How does a Constitutional Republic sow the seeds of democracy?  How do you show them how it's done?
 I will say of YHVH, He is my refuge and my fortress: my G~d; in Him will I trust. a Psalm of Holy Scripture 

No comments:

Blog Archive