Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Elixer of Life or Just Another Pyramid Scheme?

I was going to blog about the topics of the pundits, of late, but our News/Talk Radio station is, once again changing it's format, so now I still miss Dr. Bill, and even though I was not really a Dennis Miller fan, he's been replaced by the veterinarian with his pyramid program.  This guy's not just a vet, he's also a naturopath, and as a person that practices natural modalities, I find him absolutely offensive.  So, now we have this veterinarian/naturopath peddling his potions, not just in the early morning, he's now on at night, also.  I have issues with Dr. Joel Wallach.  I don't have a problem with the fact that he first became a vet.  He's from Missouri and there's quite a bit of farm land in this part of the country.  His bio explains some reason he decided he wanted to treat people, but he felt he would be hindered and confined by the procedures of allopathic medicine, so he chose the alternative, naturopathic.  So far, no problem, but there's more.  
In his program, people call in, between his banter and his sales pitch for sellers.  These people have very serious problems in which he basically recommends the same "barrel type" remedy and diet.  As a natural health proponent, myself, I agree that most Americans are not receiving proper nutrition and should change their diet and supplement, but I've heard him tell a caller that, what was diagnosed as a brain tumor, wasn't really a tumor at all.  This was over the phone, now.  I have no idea if they know each other or were in the same studio, but the listening audience was led to believe this man was simply a caller at random with a health question.  I heard a woman call in, obviously distressed about a diagnosis and the prognosis.  He began his schpeel, and as she was trying to take it all in, she began to ask a question.  I was abhorred by his response.  He said the show was about over and she should call him back tomorrow!  He didn't say, Please stay on the line, his time on the air was over, he'd go over the rest of her concerns off the air . . . NO, he said call back tomorrow!  As a minister and natural health consultant, I never tell someone in crisis, "time is money."  I simply couldn't believe it.  
I happen to have come across a few of his former pyramid builders in my practice and they tell me it takes about six weeks to get through to his "show phone" and that's the only time he answers.  I have a problem with that, and apparently they did too, because they are knocking at my door.  
It seems this blog is becoming a bit negative.  I'm sorry, but I really feel the need to offer a warning, regarding this program and pyramid.  Frightened people with poor health cannot be treated like they are attending an AmWay meeting.  He's not selling cleaning products and hosting a social hour.  This is serious and people are sick.  The show is called, "Let's Play Doctor."
Well, I don't think it takes a medical degree to realize health and sickness is nothing to play around with.
His last program, did me in, and inspired this blog.  He has now had an "epiphany" about people having their own businesses and he's "setting them up."  According to every dictionary I've checked, an epiphany, pertains to a religious revelation or divine inspiration.  I'd hardly consider an invitation to invest in someone else's pyramid to play, a divine 
opportunity.
I'm calling the radio station tomorrow.  I'd much rather listen to Mark Levin, than Dr. Joel Wallach.   Mark Levin calls his callers back when air time runs out.
But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.  Holy Scripture 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homeopathic medicine is a natural form of healing!
[url=http://www.homeopathicdoctors.org/]homeopathy schools[/url]

Blog Archive