Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's Time to Wake Up!

I have so many topics I'd like to cover in my blog today, but this one simply must take priority, but I will be addressing the others through the course of the next week or so. This morning I turned on the news and began to listen to the report that the Republican Representative or Senator from Maine was going to introduce a legislative bill regarding IEDs, that is improvised explosive device. I checked to make sure I had the initials and terms correct, but of course, that means, my hard drive has now recorded the fact that I used my computer to research IEDs. See the potential, here? And as I was listening to the News/Talk radio report that Michael Chertoff believes this legislation to be imperative to battling terror, the News/Talk radio went for it's usual moment of silence in the middle of the report, which always inspires me to wonder what I am missing or who has censored the information. That will be another blog topic. Back to Mr. Chertoff's need for more legislation and the puppet Congress that will introduce it. Does anyone really think law abiding citizens are making IEDs? I thought we have been told for the past 6 years that the ideology of the terrorist has no regard for our established culture and democratic way of life, and we know from what we are allowed to know that "they" have no regard for the laws of our land. I'm pretty sure that most of the events that occurred on the actual day of 9/11 were already illegal. And we know from the verdict of the trial for the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995, that IEDs were illegal then, and more legislation was passed to control the attempt to make them. Timothy McVeigh was put to death for the results that occurred from an IED. It seems clear we've already got the legislation. The real problem is preventing this, but do we really want to lock down the law abiding citizens further when the terrorists simply do not feel the need to abide by the laws? Why can't the NRA see all these laws being made against the law abiding citizens in the same view in which they hold the Second Amendment? Mr. Chertoff doesn't need more legislation, and if he does, it should pertain to the government that is attempting to hold it's citizens in constant fear of vague, but non specific threats of another attack from an unseen, unknown terrorist. Isn't our government kind of shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre? Enough all ready! The law abiding citizens do not need any more legislation. We just want to enjoy what is left of our freedom. We, the law abiding citizens, do not want to make bombs.
Mr. Chertoff, this country already has far more laws than G~D, Himself has mandated.
. . . and they shall search thine house . . . and it shall be, that whatsoever is pleasant in thine eyes, they shall put it in their hand, and take it away. history contained in Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive