Friday, November 02, 2007

The Powers Behind The Powers That Be

I'm beginning to have a glimpse of where this GOP is headed. I truly believe the GOP is establishing their power and pooling their clout behind the scenes. I'm not saying that the Democrats, at least some of them, aren't also hedging their bets in a similar way. I'll address that in the next paragraph or two, but for now, I want to point out the fact that the Bush administration almost needs a revolving door for official posts, these days, and I think those leaving are going to be in positions of greater power in business. I've already written about Tommy Thompson on the board of VeriChip and John Ashcroft now has an LLC that basically has made him a very powerful lobbyist for some very prestigous corporations. It is my firm belief that many that have held positions in this administration have gone on to secure power from a different perspective, but power, none the less. I don't have enough information or "evidence" to come right out and say the GOP is going to "throw" the 2008 election, but it certainly has crossed my mind. They have to at least have considered, that if Hillary gets into the White House, she may do their bidding as well as her husband completed many of the proposals of Bush 41. As a matter of fact, I stumbled over some very disheartening information about wiretapping and governmental access to the public communications corporations in 1994, when we had a democrat President and Congress, before the GOP takeover. And when I watch the way the Clintons have operated, it is clear that they value the big corporate pockets of America. As a matter of fact, as I listen to this proposed health plan that Hillary supposedly has, I have wondered. But the, it is actually the conservative pundits that are talking so much about it and seem to know more about it than anyone, but I wonder none the less. Who, that is backing Hillary would benefit from socialized medicine? I remember moving to a retirement/welfare community in the early 90's and finding our family "outside network coverage" and my husband's insurance required that we find a physician in that town. That was back in my "we need doctors" days, before I became a believer. Anyway, every physician's office that we called informed us that they were not taking new patients. So, that was my little taste of socialized medicine. Many of the doctors in that community, dealt primarily with medicare and medicaid, and they had all the patients they could manage. So, if Hillary gets her universal health plan the pundits are talking about, who benefits? I can't imagine that the doctors want to give up their 'god status' and become employees of the government. I have wondered as hospitals have changed, if they would be the major beneficiaries of this plan? They are actually a very bureaucratic system, already, so perhaps that is the aim. And the pharmaceutical companies? Well, it might be a bit tougher to program the self diagnosing hypochondriacs to ask their doctor for the latest prescription they saw advertised through the news, but on the other hand; maybe that will just pressure the FDA to make more pharmaceuticals available over the counter. This would not only increases the profit margin, but also eliminates the liabilities. Now that sounds like a win/win solution for the pharmaceutical corporations and we know Hillary does concern herself with their best interest. I think we are finally going to realize what we've been shown through the last two presidencies, and the GOP already knows. Much of the power belonging to the White House is negative. The power that draws the people and their allegience is elsewhere behind the scenes, obtained through money and the power of the lobby. So could it be, if Hillary wins, the powers behind the GOP win?
When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying I am innocent . . . New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive