Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Is Everybody Ready For Change?

Pres-elect Obama has said one thing that truly resonates with me. He is not commenting on foreign affairs, as the US only has one president at a time. Clearly, that statement has undertones. Maybe he's saying he's not in agreement with President Bush or maybe the all out intensive in Gaza is just too intense for him. As I have been following along in his cabinet choices, I see the change seems to indicate from a Bush cabinet, back to a Clinton cabinet, so that's change. I think Jimmy Carter will be the last President of the United States to actually use the term "born again" in referring to his beliefs and the last President to send his child to the school system designed by our government. The Obamas have chosen Chelsea Clinton's "alma mater." I understand the war in Iraq is slated for another 3 years, rather than the campaign mantra of bringing them home immediately. Wow! So far all this change is just making my head swim . . . how about you? I've been trying to get a glimpse of his economic plan to actually see some numbers. Finally, I read it's something like $775B, and he says we're going to be in a deficit for years. Well, deficit for years is hardly change, we've already been there and the last thing this country needs is another president that thinks "money is no object!" There is also the interesting similarity in the figures. I believe this is just about what President Bush proposed and did just 3 months ago. So this is change from President Bush, how? Oh, I know, this time the state and federal contractors get the money instead of the bankers, but it's still the same figures. I guess the difference here would be a more dignified version of the chain gang as the future President Obama spreads around the billions to employ the recently laid off, working on roads and infrastructure. I'm not sure I'm ready to see that change.
. . . buy us and our land for bread, and we and our land will be servants . . . Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive