Wednesday, January 14, 2009

DHS: Delusional Homeland Stupidity

I am so angry I could just, well, blog my fingers off! Our DHS, formerly recognized as the Department of Homeland Security has really pulled another one over on us. I heard Sam Brownback was telling Kansans just how many jobs this will create . . . This is an outrage. I don't live in Kansas, but I used to and I'm not a Kansas rancher, but if I were, I would be changing careers and 'herdin' those little doggies' elsewhere. A disease laboratory in the middle of cattle country? Surely, our government isn't really that stupid. I've read the drivel about quality control of the food and what I see is just control of the food. This laboratory has been on an island in a New York harbor. It has been managed so well, that the technicians take a vacation to take their kid's to the zoo or circus to eliminate risk of transmitting anything. New York harbor made sense, too. Off the coast, away from the mainland and not in a major ranching area of the country. Apparently that just made too much sense for the government, or is there a more subversive plot??? The fact that homeland security is involved lets me know, there won't be any logic applied at all. I haven't found any stats yet about how wide the radius will be, in the event of some sort of leak or "accident," but considering what happened with one cow in Washington or Oregon with BSE, I wouldn't put anything past this crew. So, how long after the laboratory is built, the finest in the world, by the way, so they say; will the first cattle slaughter have to take place, just as a precautionary measure. We need to stop this, before it starts. This will not provide quality control of our food, it will control the meat industry entirely and keep every rancher on guard, working for the government, every minute of every day. If they have to build a new plant, because supposedly the one on Plum Island isn't adequate, then build this new one on Plum Island. They have to build a new plant anyway and this has been working for decades. There are enough problems for our government to be addressing, why create this one?
. . . because they came down to take away their cattle. history contained in Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive