Monday, November 03, 2008

Every Day The World As We Know It; Changes

Well tomorrow, the world, the US will never be the same. Every day is like that, but these monumental moments accentuate that fact. By this time tomorrow, most of the voting booths will be closed in America, except Alaska and Hawaii. Interesting that it is these two states. In mentioning Hawaii, I read that Obama's Grandma passed this evening. I'm sorry that she didn't get to see the fullness that her grandson has become, but then again, I'm sure, as a grandma, she already saw all his potential! The Alaska results won't be tallied yet either this time tomorrow, and after seeing more of Sarah, I have nothing but pity for her. She is just pathetic. Is this truly the best Alaska can do for intellectual leadership? If so, I'm just sorry. I think she really tries to be cute and ornamental . . . and that's just not enough when it comes to American politics, except after 8 dismal years for her party. I read today that Cheney gave his endorsement to the McCain-Palin ticket. Great! A Cheney endorsement is just the last kick in the teeth this "debilitated duo" needed. I would think, at this late date an endorsement from Cheney compares to the need for a jump start at the Indy500 in the last lap. But then, there are the two swing states that are up in the air, and I live in one. With Murtha's comment about racists in Virginia and Missouri's inability to discern, as it is the "show me state" could there be two states this time that hold the key to the country's future? And the sudden tape revealed about Obama's declaration against coal mining. That might be the deciding factor for Pennsylvania, but I'm guessing it will be more dramatic than that. Wow! What drama may be unfurled tomorrow.
The one thing I do know, as an American, I heard first thing this morning on the radio at about 6 am. "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain!" And oh, let me mention a man that has a business near here that made just a cameo appearance in an Obama ad. He is actually receiving harassment from a local radio show and receiving very negative e-mails. I'd like to mention that whether I agree or disagree with his stand, it is his right to promote a candidate and I absolutely applaud his courage for doing so as a business man! I never heard the name of the business, which I find interesting, but I applaud him none the less, and when I do hear the name of his business, I will post it here and support his right to free speech!
Now as for the mandate "if you don't vote, you can't complain." My complaint is the lack of choice for a prepared leader. And so, after tomorrow, it has been mandated in this land with a Bill of Rights of free speech . . . for the first time, I won't be voting, I can no longer complain. Since our world, will once again be forever changed by an election, I'll simply observe, as an outsider. Undoubtedly, after tomorrow, just like any other day in history, the world will never be the same.
Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive