Monday, November 24, 2008

NASA: Making Urine into Drinking Water

I heard this all last week and was generally disgusted by the entire concept, but then I realized . . . What's the big deal with NASA doing this? It's been happening on earth for years, it's called Public Utilities. Although I understand there is some sort of malfunction with the processing equipment on the space station. Wow! Would we know if there was here? A few months ago we all read that there were traces of pharmaceuticals in our drinking water. In this pill happy society, we know the pills aren't just getting flushed, directly. As we continue with our technological advances, I just have to wonder, why drinking urine is all right, if there are enough chemicals added and the process is "scientific enough." Call me old fashioned, but I just don't think it makes sense at any time. Anyway, back to NASA. I was truly shocked that the astronaut thought this was a pretty big deal and a great advancement, and yet in his voice was a bit of reticence. If he is on the public water system on earth, he doesn't have to go to the space station to as he put it, "make yesterday's coffee into today's!"
As for me, I believe I'll just pass on this refashioned beverage. If a beverage is going to be transformed, I believe I'd prefer something I've read about elsewhere!
Y'hshuah saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. And he saith unto them, Draw out now . . . When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine . . .

No comments:

Blog Archive