Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In the News

I read yesterday that the President and President elect were meeting privately in the Oval Office, but today I heard what was discussed, at least one topic that connects with another! But then I also saw a picture, so obviously they weren't alone. So, who spilled the beans? I've wondered. The media says President Bush is pretty upset, but then his party says you can't trust the media, so we don't know if he's upset about something someone else did or if this so called leak is just part of the program. I'm sure the President elect is getting his ducks in a row to satisfy those that put him in office. I'm a bit skeptical as to who that actually was though. I mean with unemployment rates soaring, foreclosures at every hand, and the price of gasoline what it was through his campaign season, I just find it difficult to think it really was the average citizen funding his campaign. And if it was, then my concern for their finances was certainly misplaced. If Americans can actually submit their pictures and stories of needing food pantries and subsidies and donate money to a candidate, there is something fundamentally flawed with that thinking and those priorities. I'm going out on a limb here, but I would guess the same lobbyists that have donated funds throughout our political process have simply done so again, just in a different way. I'm no rocket scientist and I'm basically technologically challenged, but I could certainly sit here and press enter using different IDs through yahoo, Gmail, and hot mail, if I had a mind to. That doesn't really seem like much of a stretch at all. But that's just my theory. I just don't think Obama is bringing change. I believe, anyone that still thinks our political process is a two party system that is divided by partisan issues, is just kidding themselves or simply unable to process the facts. The facts are, Obama has voted for a number of bills, President Bush has sent to Congress, including the BailOut. The facts are, as the campaign continued, Obama changed his stance to much more of the same war waging perspective that we have already seen. But those are only my personal observations based upon facts.
Mike Huckabee has his own show now and he's considering a 2012 bid, again. John McCain, well I haven't heard much, but I hope he's being honored today for his status as a veteran, a POW, and a sacrifice for the GOP. As for Sarah, I'm sure she'll stay in the news, she seems to like the attention and I would imagine she's already considered 2012 before November 4. Again, just my personal observation.
I still don't see any politicians in place, newly elected, or making plans to actually represent "we the people."
Righteousness exalteth a nation . . . a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive