Thursday, September 20, 2012

From Open Mindedness to Open Madness

Chick-Fil-A really disappointed me today, but then I'm not on the board of directors, so I guess it really doesn't matter. Tolerance has already been redefined in our society, now I'm watching censorship take on a whole new face, and open-mindedness is nothing more than an outright display of hate-mongering, I now call open madness.

If gay rights won't affect heterosexuals, then why does where a man chooses to donate his money affect gays? Oh, I know there's an answer from someone, but really? Why does everyone think censorship and tolerance is where we want to be in the name of a "free society?" Who is still buying this bill of goods? I don't meet the CEO's criteria for proper sexual protocol in that I'm not married to anywhere close to my 1st husband, but I don't care where he donates his money, it's his money and I don't expect the religious group or civil group that sees things his way, to approve of me or anyone that doesn't see it their way. So? I'm really disgusted by the animosity demonstrated in the name of "open mindedness." And amazingly these people cannot see that they are just as hateful or even more-so than those whom they are accusing of intolerance. I'm really sorry the CEO caved to money pressure or whatever the pressure that he certainly didn't feel obligated to, when he first made his statement or answered the question. How can he back down after being so forthright? He makes his own case weak, in doing this! To be honest, I've still not eaten at Chick-Fil-A, but it has nothing to do with politics. Our week-end days of religious observance are reversed, so I guess it's not politics, but religion that keeps me from dining at Chick-Fil-A. I guess I could go in and ask what special treatment they offer serial brides. I just don't understand the aggressive, almost hateful enthusiasm of the so called secular humanists that claim to be open minded heterosexuals, against Chick-Fil-A. They sound like the extremists they loathe! And doesn't Mr. Cathy realize he's not going to gain any customers in this decision? These people he offended carry grudges, they carry other people's grudges! I've read more hateful comments about this from "would be" heterosexuals on behalf of the LBGT community than I've actually read from those claiming to be a part of the LBGT community. So this leads me to two schools of thought about the angry, self defined open-minded, self proclaimed tolerant crowd. One, the "angry, open-minded heterosexual" feels that by supporting gay rights, the competition will be reduced and women will find them both masculine and sensitive. Two, they have their own issues that can be resolved by upholding a manufactured grudge on behalf of "someone else". . . Meanwhile, I think Dan Cathy has made a terrible decision. He's not going to be applauded by the people that boycotted him, because he still let it be known how he feels and they, "the tolerant," are entitled to their long standing open-minded grudges, and he's just liable to lose some ground with those folks that stood in line for an hour at their local Chick-Fil-A to stand with him on grounds of religious conviction. Folks don't like to invest in backpedaling and wavering. Dan Cathy garnered more support in speaking what he believes and standing behind it, than he'll gain by backing down. And as for the angry open-minded straight tolerant community, they'll just find new injustices to shout about social grievances to "chew on" that taste like chickin.
He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive