Monday, January 04, 2010

Another New Year

I just don't know where 2009 went. Why it will be no time at all, another Presidential campaign will be announced. Of course, over half of the country is going on some sort of diet, right! Well, I'm definitely going to be making more rye bread, because rye is the "in grain" for 2010 and well I just happen to like rye bread best . . . and I bought a ton of caraway seeds a couple of months ago, so we will have the good rye bread with those great little seeds. I'm even going to break down and make mini rye bagels. I love rye bagels and you can't get them west of New York any more, but they've got so many calories I've always avoided them. Problem solved. I'll make mini bagel. It will be perfect and rye bagels need no cream cheese, no nothin'! They are perfect just toasted! I'm simplifying and doing more home-made. I've introduced my grandkids to home made toothpaste. Did you know if you swallow more than you should use to brush with, you're supposed to call poison control? I'm thinking anything that might need resolution from poison control should not go in anyone's mouth. Next on my health kick and diet improvement will of course be red wine. Not that I'm doing without it now, but I see that it is to be consumed daily for maximum benefit. NO problem there! Red wine is on the list. I know, since I did add it to my diet a few years ago, I've been told I look younger. Not by my husband, of course, but by others, who unlike my husband, would have no incentive to compliment me. I'm not quitting anything this year for a New Year's Resolution because that's negative. I don't want to fail. Quitters never win and winners never quit, so this year, I'm starting things.
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive