Thursday, January 07, 2010

Weather

Does it seem that we are having more weather than usual? Obviously we can't actually have MORE weather, since weather is a constant presence, but the intensity of the weather is anything but constant. Last August, I told everyone that would listen and some that wouldn't, that we were going to have a cold winter, bitter and harsh. I believed the words I was speaking, but I didn't realize at the time that I was prophesying. Now that it's here, I don't think I was expecting this much intensity. I have two thoughts on how this weather is coming about. 1. G~D is not happy with many of us earthlings and weather is at HIS disposal, to get our attention. 2. Science is playing with the weather and causation and playing god, which really has potentially unmeasured consequences as well as bringing us back to thought #1.
I declared this to be an official snow day and it's gone rather well. The show was done by phone and I've been just having one revelation after another in regard to ministry, current events, and life in general. I told someone earlier in December that G~D was not happy with the way we were doing things and the weather would reflect HIS attitude. Well, I'm doing some serious soul searching myself on this matter. I mean Jonah didn't get included in Scripture for no reason. Could be there are a number of Jonahs either in the wrong place doing nothing for HIS cause, or in the right place doing the wrong thing. Our society has become so dependent upon our own solutions and ideas, I'm not sure we stop to think that G~D still has a hand in things like weather. I realize many will simply shrug me off and say, "it's winter." That's correct, but even the national headlines are making note of the severity of the situation. I'm thinking the people talking about G~D need to take note of the severity of the situation, and talk to G~D.
Fire, and hail; snow, and vapours; stormy wind fulfilling HIS word: a Psalm of Holy Scripture

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder whether the Earth and weather have more of a consciousness than we modern folk like to give it credit for -- like the mountains really can "bear witness," and have a tendency to naturally explode at too many affronts to the Natural Laws (read Torah) that YHWH has set in place.

Blog Archive