Thursday, October 22, 2009

Controversy

I truly think the American pastime is now arguing and accusing. We just love controversy. Even those that prefer TV or radio, enjoy the programs that "stimulate thinking" which translates to regurgitating something said by a talking head, to argue about. I had a bit of fun this morning with my producer. I did a remote this morning, so we didn't have our usual rapport that includes facial expression and body language. Every topic I introduced was controversial and you could tell, he just wasn't sure where I was going to go with any topic. I have the greatest producer in the world, he's laid back, on top of his game, usually cool and calm, but I could hear him sweating this morning. First, he'd said something through the Trading Post show and his callers were getting on to him about it. I always make notes and for whatever reason, I'm thinking G~D, the very first line of my outline addressed what a great job he did on Trading Post. Next I mentioned medical marijuana as part of health care reform. That was a big uh oh! I mentioned it purely from a revenue perspective and to put the drug cartels out of business. He was doing his best to be supportive while hoping I'd change the subject. Next I brought up the materialism of our holidays coming up and speaking against materialism sort of rials the advertisers, so we moved along again. The next thing I brought up was hearing G~D give the warning about our holy with profane and spiritual with secular, again addressing materialism and big business. I didn't promote anything or deride anyone, it was just simply making observations on controversial issues, rather than speaking against anyone or going on a tangent. It seemed to me that the 30 minutes just flew, I'm not sure Dan felt that way.
But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive