Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Simply Amazing

I am truly amazed at how many people actually seem to think President Obama is moving heaven and earth in less than 9 months. I am getting a number of e-mails that are suddenly just sure our government wants to control us! Really, now! Where was everyone through the USA Patriot Act? Where was everyone when the avian flu was going to get us all? Where was everyone way back in the early 90's when the S&L's crashed and the government picked up that tab? Where was everyone when our then President Bush 41 announced that there was a global recession? I remember, we simply made credit more available, expanded the government, and gave doctors more power and less accountability and until just that last year, that was fine. Now, the sky is falling! I am no Obama fan, by any stretch of the imagination, but I know he hasn't implemented everything that is looming toward us. I don't care for the way he spoke about his predecessor at the UN, I found that very disrespectful and well not so American, but I don't think he has put all the pieces together to take America from the people. That plan has been a long time in the making and it's been built rather slowly until the last 25 or 30 years. Now, it does appear to be full steam ahead, but just because President Obama sounds disrespectful of so much of Americana, doesn't mean he's implemented all that is going on. I do, however; think he shows enough disregard to carry much of this out. It would be nice if the American people could actually get past their politics and realize we need to be running our country, ourselves, not sitting back and waiting for the politicians to make the changes. I'm glad many folks are finally waking up and seeing what's going on. It's a shame it didn't happen 30 years sooner.
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive