Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Recent Thoughts on the Middle East

I don't know that I've blogged too much about Israel since the change of command in America, but I think it's time to make a few observations about the Middle East in general. Iran appears to be proof that free elections do not necessarily bring a government the people are happy with and the rest of the world wants to deal with. We are leaving the air over Afghanistan to put more troops in harms way, and here we thought this was a done deal before we started Iraq. Now, Iraq is still Iraq, so who knows about that from day to day. Israel on the other hand is getting some seriously bad advice from allies. Here is my thought. Since Hamas and Fatah have now split the Palestinians and one group is in Gaza while the other continues on the West Bank, Israel has a real dilemma. Since the Palestinians have split into two factions, there is no way, any other entity, much less Israel can please both groups at the same time. I would have thought any number of US Presidents and Congressmen could see that, but either they truly are that dumb or simply working for "the beast." With some of our politicians it really is difficult to ascertain. Former Presidents Carter and Bush 43 should be aware of the difficulties both factions have between themselves, so there is no way to suit them. If they are not willing to come together to organize an actual country, just what do they expect out of Israel or anyone else? My guess is, continual concession and accommodation. Well, that's ridiculous. If I were Netanyahu, I would dig in my heels and tell the leaders of Hamas, Fatah, and the US, until they can present a united and specific list for peaceful negotiations toward a 2 state solution, stay home and don't keep slinging accusations or rockets! I don't believe there is or has been any US politician that cannot see these two things. 1. With the Palestinians split, Israel concedes two directions. And 2. Jerusalem is very much on the drawing board and desired to be divided by everyone except Benjamin Netanyahu and G~D.
Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. Joshua 1:3

No comments:

Blog Archive