Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Circus

The political headlines are getting ridiculous. We have people concerned with President Obama's favorite food, Michelle Obama's biceps, and Sarah Palin's attendance at the GOP fundraiser was on again, off again, and made a headline every time it changed. The real problem here, is the election was only 6 months ago, meaning the campaigning appears to be perpetual at this point. And the American public appears to be comfortable with no life and treating politicians like celebrities. I haven't personally read about Michelle Obama's personal trainer or work out schedule, and I had no idea President Obama's diet was such an issue until I happened on to a story about a Pizza place in which the patrons are willing to wait 2 hours to be seated. Unbeknownst to me when I began reading, it was because Candidate Obama had eaten there when on the campaign trail, and said it was great. I only mention it here, because as I read, it seems the owner was invited to fix pizza at the White House in April. What caught my eye was the fact that the trip was self-financed. He was invited to come cook and serve on his own dime!!! And he's happy to have done so. He went from Missouri to Washington DC to cook on his own dime and the Obamas went to NY for dinner and theatre and it was our dime! What gives with this President of ours? He can get people eating out of his hand and paying to feed him!
Now on to Sarah Palin, all I can say is she is still managing to stay in the headlines, no matter how ridiculous she looks doing so. So, the American political circus continues. And you know many clowns will put in an appearance in one of the three rings before 2012?
For the customs of the people are vain . . . a Prophet of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive