Monday, June 15, 2009

I Can't Get Over This

President Obama has done what I thought was impossible. He has finally made me agree with the American Medical Association. George W. Bush managed to accomplish a number of policies I completely disagreed with, but he never caused me to agree with Rush Limbaugh or members of the medical profession! This health care mess is really getting to me. I realize most of America doesn't believe we can trust G~D for healing, and apparently the idea of going to heaven isn't actually appealing to those espousing the idea. The other morning, I awoke to some evangelist on the radio shouting to his audience, "Do you want to see Jesus?" That was when I told my husband, they ought to pass the plates and have everyone put their medicine bottles in. If they really are believing for a miracle or really want to see the streets of gold, then put down their pills and they'd get one or the other. I guess that's where faith would be involved, not knowing which way it would turn out . . . But I digress, back to President Obama. I've got a plan for his health program. Clearly he wants to control everything, I understand that. George W. Bush already put a lot into place for this big plan and without a doubt, President Obama is not wasting any time grabbing more power. Back to my plan. Since health care and the pharmaceutical industry really is simply big business, let's handle this like the business it is. I think it makes sense for employees to pay taxes on the employer provided health plan. It is, after all, part of their income. This alone, about 20 years ago, might have saved GM. Next, any procedure that someone elects to have, there should be some sort of "income tax" assessed on the cost over the deductible. Can you imagine the tax base increase? If someone wants a $250,000.00 procedure on their $100.00 premiums, then fine, but let them pay taxes on their "gift." Treat insurance coverage just like winning the lottery or the grand prize on a game show. I'm fine with continuing to pay my taxes for medicare and medicaid, but I don't want health care from anyone but G~D, and I don't want any mandatory requirement for insurance from my government. It's a business, if I don't invest for my personal consumption, turn me down at the door. It's really that simple. Leave the health care to the consumers that are benefiting and let the rest of us just keep paying our taxes. I don't think doctors are "healers" or are "called," as the President said to them today. I think they are pharmaceutical salesmen with power issues. I know what I believe, and I don't want my government legislating more laws against my beliefs for my presumed benefit! I already have a health care contract and I am very satisfied with my health care provider.
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of YHVH thy G~D, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am YHVH that healeth thee. Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive