Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Peace

So often my perspective is rather negative in this blog and today I'm going for a more positive or at least a less negative post. It is, however; going to take me a few negative comments to get there. I was very disappointed in the re-election of Bill Clinton in 1996. I never did figure out how he got the backing of the Unions and the Teamsters when he signed NAFTA into being, not to mention how much outsourcing began to take place through his administration. Then there was the disappointment of the 2000 election. Not that I wanted Gore, I was truly hopeful that a third party could be elected in this new millennium, and that was the golden opportunity, but it simply didn't happen. Now the third parties are barely even holding enough political clout to be on the ballot. By 2004, I just thought America had decided to be dumb and aggressive for life, and completely unquestioningly loyal. It was through 2004, though, that I did notice the next plan, and sure enough, Barack Obama was on the national scene in no time. Now, I didn't vote for him, I'm completely unimpressed with his plan and direction, but he is the president and it is through his administration that I have come to peace with what America is and the fact I have no say about it. He has proposed a 3.6 Trillion Dollar budget, debt, whatever to pull us out of a recession, calling it an investment. "This budget is inseparable from this recovery because it is what lays the foundation for a secure and lasting prosperity," Obama said. Clearly this guy aced public speaking, but I don't know where he was for math class. I truly don't want anyone that doesn't know the difference between going into debt and investing to make my financial decisions, but he is. I appreciate the fact that republicans are now concerned about the debt we are leaving to our grandchildren, because they already know our grandchildren will still be paying for the Iraq war. I'm concerned that our "new owners" won't be so nice to us and I hate, simply hate the fact that our nation has continued to dig the debt hole deeper for the next generation, calling it progress, but all these guys know is what they were taught growing up. It's not easy, knowing, politicians cannot and will not make it better, but they will continue to exert authority over us. And so I am making the only choice I truly have control over, the choice to trust G~D and be at peace with that decision.
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. a Prophet of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive