Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Definition of an Emergency

I've been particularly annoyed as of late over the requirements for 911 and since 9/11, and then today an event in the news just inspired me to go ahead a blog away. We looked at some land and made inquiry as to the cost and procedure for having a septic tank dug. The very first thing we were told was that a permit was required from the health department. I thought . . . and if we decide a septic tank isn't worth the bureaucratic red tape, isn't a privy or cess pool going to make a bigger health issue? I personally think all the emergency association with 911 is nothing more than a lack of faith and utter dependence upon TPTB, and one more way to track us. Look at all of the liberties we lost with USA Patriot Act. I realize there was a horrible calamity on September 11, 2001, but did we right any of the injustice by giving up liberty? I just think we have lost so much over security and safety, and I don't feel a bit more secure or safe. Then today, when I read a woman called 911 because McDonald's didn't have any mc'nuggets but wouldn't give her a refund, I decided, we are simply too dependent all together, and have no idea what a real emergency is. We are becoming a people that give up everything to have the illusion of safety and we are a people that complain over the least discomfort, and expect someone to fix it. And I love the fact that the police will respond to give a ticket, but it's getting rather difficult to get them to pursue thieves and vandals.
I would give up many conveniences for some true freedom and even a bit of so called safety and security, for liberty.
Therefore thus saith YHVH; Ye have not hearkened unto Me, in proclaiming liberty . . . A Prophet of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive