Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fifty Days . . .

I knew this President was going to turn as soon as he got in, but I really didn't expect him to be so "in our face" about it. I'm really more unimpressed than I expected to be. There's just nothing like charisma going rancid, is there? And I'm going to ask again. Where's the "change?" So far the biggest change I've noticed is the change in him, between his campaign promises and his actual decisions as President. Funny, everything he's doing is exactly what he said was wrong with Washington. I was hoping it would take him a little longer to act like a Washington insider, but then again, I guess you don't get the address of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, you're not already an insider. You can't get "elected" if you actually do take a stand against political corruption and keep your campaign promises. This bill that he's signing is exactly what he said he was going to put an end to. Remember, he was going to end earmarks and political pork. We are supposed to know he means what he says, because he says this is the last time . . . Just one more thing he said, to get what he wanted and now "we the people, all have to understand, it's not going to happen overnight." Oh, I understand, all right. You know, I bet those little girls of his don't have their puppy, yet, either. I wondered that when he won after the election and suddenly the "choosing of the first dog, was going to take research" and apparently months. They could have had it and had it house broken and doing a few tricks, between November 4th and January 20th. I guess a guy that can make a promise to his kids and then stall on the delivery, isn't going to worry about what he promised a bunch of strangers that are stuck with this decision for four years.
. . . but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive