Monday, December 01, 2008

A Legacy of Values

I read part of President Bush's comments regarding his legacy and his values as President. He said he didn't sell his soul and is leaving Washington with the same values he entered. I can't argue with that. It was those very values of his that prevented me from voting for him either time. Oh, I've been told I can buy his biography and read all about his life, his values, and his inspiration for change. Well, I can look around and see that people live what they actually believe. They make their decision based upon what they actually believe. I know, you can read a person's life and get the truth much easier than you can off the pages of a book. That's why even G~D put HIS Word in human form. And anyone that claims any values based on G~D needs to demonstrate those values in life and leadership, not book sales. Through these past eight years I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, which has ultimately always resulted in the same thought. I just don't think he's bright enough to have conceived all the diabolical destruction that has been brought on us and the world under his administration. And to be fair, even knowing, I'm sure, there are brains behind this outfit and he is simply the figurehead and puppet, our leaders and those behind them are not entirely to blame. We the people have been a party to this destruction and delusion, as well. After all, a President doesn't just land in the White House one day. Even though I honestly believe the elections are just a motion of formality and already decided before the ballots are cast, I do know our leaders embody the heart of the majority of the people at the time. He has certainly been no exception to that rule. The pundit following, the war-mongering are all confirmation that the American public really did want this sort of leadership for a time. So although he was appointed President in 2000, the popular vote was still indicative that half of the population shares his values and more than half of the Supreme Court. Now, with two relatively young appointments by George W., the Supreme Court will truly be a legacy of his values. So, the same values that once bought 1% of a ball team on borrowed money has led us into not one but two wars on borrowed money and unlike baseball, wars don't have an annual World Series to end the rivalry. These aimless values that never knew a poor day in his life, has led the American people into aimless, fiscal, oblivion. These same values that once owned an oil company that drilled dry holes has led an entire country in the same economic direction! I'm glad he feels that he didn't sell his soul in Washington. I don't know when he did sell it, but I do know there have been many, many souls that have lost body and limbs due to his sense of self-defined values that he holds in such esteem. He does still have followers that have remained faithful to him even through this horrifically poor judgment and have clambered after the new rising republican star. The one person that makes George W. Bush look like Mensa material is Sarah Palin. And so with the introduction of Sarah, the legacy of George W. Bush doesn't seem quite as void of cohesive thought. I will say this, regarding the self-valued legacy of George W. Bush. I believe only his Presidency could have brought Americans out to vote in the throngs and numbers of '08, as never before. I think only his Presidency could have brought America, in less than 50 years from the civil rights marches to the election of a black man for President. I think, only his Presidency, could have caused a man with the middle name of, Hussein, to be elected. I think only the Presidency of George W. Bush could have made the republican party sit down and say, we'd like to take a little break from our power quest.
It's been quite a presidency and he is leaving quite a legacy. I pray it's a powerful enough legacy that we, as a nation, never repeat these last eight years.
There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive