Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Intelligence

I'm still doing a bit of searching and listening as the Big 3 promise all sorts of things AIG and the banks didn't have to, and I think I'm developing a theory, as Nancy P. tells the CEOs what she expects. I, personally, would not feel safe in any vehicle designed by a company that is controlled by Congress. But this isn't our topic today.
I couldn't help but notice George W. Bush's statement regarding his regret of a war based upon faulty intelligence. I think it's odd, now that over 4,000 US soldiers have died, many more thousand disabled, we'll never know how many Iraqi citizens have been killed, and as a nation we deposed a sovereign government that was not an imminent threat to us, and all he can say is he regrets it! I get numerous e-mails every week from someone that is desperately trying to still justify this outrage that we have perpetrated in Iraq. I do support the troops and I wish they were home, and I truly think it's outrageous that more are being sent. Sooner or later, if these so called liberated Iraqis want their liberation, they need to take care of it. Of course, the people are simply now, answering to and fearing a new regime, the regime that wanted Saddam Hussein out of their way . . . Which just happens to be one of the sources of the so called faulty intelligence. Looks to me, if it truly was faulty information given to our leader, then he got played. He shot his mouth off and sent in his troops without a genuine purpose and without considering the cost. And now he says he regrets it. Well I have another observation. This so called faulty intelligence was discovered to be wrong in 2004, and yet the American occupiers led the new Iraqi leadership through some sort of kangaroo puppet court that resulted in the murder of the deposed leader. There was nearly a two year gap between uncovering the fact that we went in on false information and the death of Saddam Hussein. I'm certainly not defending his methods, but he was a descendant of Abraham, and a Christian leader ought to know what's involved in causing them problems, much less taking their life without provocation. Again, he now says he regrets taking action on faulty intelligence. In supporting the troops, I do not support this war. I think our young people are being sacrificed for egos and money and oil.
And so to all you people who are sending e-mails about how this war in Iraq is protecting our freedom, I have to tell you, you're wrong. Our president says we're there on "faulty intelligence!"
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of G~D. words of Messiah

No comments:

Blog Archive